Rogaine Course Setting and Vetting Workshop after WRC2015
On Monday 24 August and Tuesday 25 August 2015 a 2 day workshop will be presented at the event centre of WRC2015 in Kiilopää, Finland with a mix of theory and field practical sessions to discuss rogaine course setting/vetting processes and approaches. There will be a combination of larger group presentation/discussion and smaller groups with an experienced coach to spread ideas on course setting techniques and philosophy between different areas of the world.
Theory sessions will cover issues such as:
– area selection, permissions and access
– level of competition – local, national, international
– map – scale, accuracy
– armchair setting – control distribution, course structure
– setting – checking and taping control sites
– vetting – checking setters work, negotiate changes if required
– use of GPS
– final map – point allocation
Workshop sessions will put these ideas into practice with group discussions over the 2 days. WRC, regional and national championship courses will be used as case studies.
Field sessions will cover:
– field setting – map accuracy, taping, checking various approaches, moving controls
– take armchair courses and tape on map in small groups
– swap courses with another group and vet
– discuss setting and vetting process and issues with matching group
It will be important to have sufficient experienced setters working with participants. Ratio of coaches to participants 1 for 3-5 people.
There may be a nominal charge to cover material costs and possibly catering.
If you are interested as either a participant or coach please contact David Baldwin by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org